Energy balls are some of the best treats to have on hand for a couple of reasons, and I want to tell you why!
1. They are so easy to make and NO BAKE!
2. They are made with REAL food and you can hide superfoods like chia seeds or flax seeds inside.
3. They are packed with protein.
4. They are filling- eat one for a snack (or breakfast or dessert) and you will be satisfied (though I can’t deny you’ll be tempted to eat more).
5. You can keep them in the freezer! I love anything I can make a big batch of and store in my freezer.
I’ve transitioned away from eating processed snacks like popcorn and chips. Now I try to limit snacks to fresh fruits and vegetables as well as things that I make myself so I know what exactly is inside. These energy balls are so yummy and feel like a special treat, and I know every single ingredient in them because I made them myself.
They are perfect for a quick breakfast, a weeknight dessert, or to have on hand for that midday stretch between lunch and dinner when you want to raid your pantry.
And, these taste like Reese’s Cups!!!
All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients in bowl, refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm the mixture, and then roll into balls. I keep mine in the freezer and pull one out whenever I want!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate No Bake Energy Balls
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cacao)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl and mix.
2. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes so ingredients can firm up.
3. Roll into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer.